≡ Menu

Army Branch Designation and Job Acronyms

Combat Arms
Infantry (IN)
Armor (AR)
Field Artillery (FA)
Air Defense Artillery (ADA)
Aviation (AV)
Special Forces (SF)
Corps of Engineers (EN)

Combat Support Branches
Signal Corps (SC)
Military Police (MP)
Military Intelligence (MI)
Civil Affairs (CA) (RC Only)
Chemical Corps (CM)

Combat Service Support
Adjutant General’s Corps (AG)
Finance Corps (FI)
Transportation Corps (TC)
Ordnance (OD)
Quartermaster Corps (QM)

Special Branches
Chaplain (CH)
Medical Corps (MC)
Dental Corps (DC)
Veterinary Corps (VC)
Medical Specialist Corps (MSC)
Nurse Corps (AN)
Medical Service Corps (MS)
JAG Corps (JA)

About the author: Stacey is an Army wife of a soldier who joined in 2003. He has since been medically retired but she continues to provide information to Army wives and families to make their adjustment to the Army lifestyle easier. Connect with Stacey: Facebook Twitter Pinterest

{ 3 comments… add one }
  • Lt Dan September 19, 2012, 12:26 pm

    The Medical Specailist Corps is “SP” and the Medical Service Corps is “MSC”

  • Vanessa June 18, 2014, 8:01 pm

    Next to Civil Affairs it says RC only. What does that mean?

Leave a Comment