≡ Menu

Tricare Dental Program for Army Dependents

Please note: This program is no longer active and has been replaced by MetLife Dental Program.

The Army provides dental care to the servicemember. In order for families to have dental coverage, you must enroll in the Tricare Dental Program through United Concordia.


Family Members of Active Duty

Reserve & Guard Servicemembers (when not active)

Reserve/Guard Family Members (regardless of status)

Family members include spouses and children to age 21 unless they are a full time college student.


Monthly Premium for one active duty family member

2/1/2010 – 1/31/2011 = $12.69

Monthly Premium for more than one active duty family member

2/1/2010 – 1/31/2011 = $31.72

The premium is deducted from the servicemember’s pay and will show up as an allotment on their LES. To enroll, he must have at least 12 months remaining on his current contract. You must remain enrolled for a minimum of 12 months.

When you enroll online, you will pay for the first month’s premium with a credit card. If you enroll before the 20th, your coverage will be effective on the 1st of the following month. If you enroll after the 20th, your coverage will be effective on the 1st of the 2nd month following enrollment.



About the author: Stacey is an Army wife of a soldier who joined in 2003. He has since been medically retired but she continues to provide information to Army wives and families to make their adjustment to the Army lifestyle easier. Connect with Stacey: Facebook Twitter Pinterest

{ 3 comments… add one }
  • beauford traylor December 25, 2011, 6:00 pm

    how to get a appointment to renew my wife i d card

    • Stacey December 27, 2011, 10:39 pm

      You typically don’t need an appointment to go – just go during open hours.

  • Kathy March 27, 2012, 8:24 pm

    I’m alittle confused, is the dental clinic on base at Ft. Rucker available to family members?

Leave a Comment