Last Updated on August 9, 2019
1. Your name:
2. Where did your soldier attend basic training?
3. When did he attend basic training?
Dec 09-Mar 10
4. How often did you hear from him? (Phone and letters)
I got a letter usually everyday and I would get a phone call on Sundays. I did have 1 Sunday that he was not allowed to call.
5. How long was it before you heard from him the first time?
I heard from him the day after he got there.
6. How long did it take to receive a mailing address for him?
It took around 3 weeks but 1 1/2 of those he was in reception.
7. Were there any restrictions on what you could send him?
I sent letters and cards. Right before their final FTX I sent him his phone. He told me guys got socks and other things too but he bought him those things.
8. Were you sent information about family day and graduation?
9. Did he have a family day? If so, please describe.
His was on a Wednesday and it was at 10am. They talked some and then the soldiers did a few things. Than we were told to find our soldier. He was able to leave post and we didn’t have to bring him back until 8 pm.
10. Please describe the graduation ceremony.
His ceremony was held at the barracks in the same area as family day was. It had been raining for a few days so we couldn’t go to the museum for graduation. It was at 10 am and when it was done we could leave base until 8 pm again.
11. Is there a website for his basic training unit? Is there a place to see pictures of his training online?
I never found any, there is a facebook page.
12. Any other tips or information?
Stay busy, that is truly what made me not go crazy. Write everyday which helped a lot and they truly look forward to hearing their roster number called at mail call.