Last Updated on August 9, 2019
1. Your name (as you would like it to appear):Brigitte S.
2. Army Post Name:Fort Stewart
3. Army Post Location:Southeast Georgia
4. Dates When You Lived Here (please include year):April 2010-Present
5. How is housing? On-post? Off-post? New housing is available for enlisted and officers on post. A lot of the older housing has been renovated. Housing has tons of free activities (cooking classes, games, yard of the month, etc)every month. Off-post, Hinesville has some good choices. Richmond Hill(25 minutes) and Savannah (45 minutes) also have more upscale choices.
6. Rate the PX and Commissary. PX is acceptable. There is Starbucks, Arby’s, Taco John’s, Anthony’s Pizza and Charlie’s grilled subs in the PX Food Court. Burger King, Popeyes Chicken as well as Marco’s Pizza and chinese dine-in.
7. Are there activities on post? Is there lodging on post? Lots of activities on post. Read the post newspaper (The Frontline, available at the PX and library), and sign up for the monthly housing activities and you’ll be all set. Also, look up the numerous FB pages such as Get Outta the House Fort Stewart. PWOC and MCCW are both VERY active and fun. They are the christian women’s care groups.
8. What is there to do in the area? Hinesville (the closest town) is quiet.
9. Rate the school system. On-Post is pre-k through 6th grade. There are several good, private schools off post. There is a big Homeschooling group here as well.
10. Are there colleges in the area? Please list. Savannah Tech, Georgia Southern, Armstrong Atlantic
11. How is the job situation? What types of jobs are in the area for spouses?Unsure
12. Favorite aspect of the post and surrounding area? Weather during the winter months is very pleasant.
13. Least favorite aspect? The bugs