Last Updated on August 9, 2019
Some of these ideas were gathered from various sites around the net. Enjoy!
1. Create a collage or sign for your soldier. Cut it up into puzzle pieces and have him put it back together to see the full sign.
2. Send silly toys – water guns, handheld travel games, a book of jokes, magic tricks, etc. Anything to let him take a break. If you send water guns or something similar, be sure to send multiples, it’s no fun to play alone.
3. Take him on a tour through your city or a vacation spot by sending inexpensive souvenirs and postcards.
4. A roll of pennies with “a penny for your thoughts” note.
5. Recordings of his favorite shows or sports teams’ games.
6. A pillowcase sprayed with your perfume (enclose it in a Ziploc bag when you send it).
7. Send him a calendar with post it notes over each day. Under each post it note, he’ll find a special message from you.
8. Send brochures about the places you want to go when he returns.
9. Personalized fortune cookies…use your imagination for the messages.
10. Make a miniature scrapbook of your family.
11. Send tracings of handprints so you can hold hands while he’s gone.
12. Send his favorite magazine or a book with little notes from you tucked in the pages.
13. A container of sand (if you live near the beach) or grass clippings/dirt from your own yard so he can have a little piece of home.
14. Don’t forget to send cards and letters often! It can really brighten his day to get regular mail too in addition to packages.
Do you have creative ideas? Let me know at stacey AT marriedtothearmy.com!